Whether you’re going for a short trip or one that would make you miss home-cooked meals, it begs the question:
What things should you bring?
And what things should you not take with you?
Those are the questions I asked myself which lead me to create this post. Watch the video above where I share my top 10 gadgets that I’ll be bringing with me while traveling and working abroad.
Here’s the list of products:
1. Samson Meteor. After reviewing over 10 different USB enabled microphones, it was down to the Samson Meteor, Samson Go Mic and the RODE NT-USB microphones. I went with the Samson Meteor not only because of it’s size and portability, but also the quality of the audio it produces.
2. MacBook Pro 15″ Retina. Over the years I’ve been quite accustomed to working in different environments. I choose to use a laptop as my main computer so that I’m not restricted to working in one place.
3. Bose QC20 Headphones. By far the best headphones I have ever owned. (Thank you for the gift, Connie).
4. Bose SoundLink Mini. Once you go Bose, nothing else will come close! Bose are one of the best when it comes to audio.
5. Kindle Paperwhite. The last thing I want to do is carry thick, heavy books. The Kindle can store thousands of books.
6. Portable Drive. I am using a Western Digital My Passport to backup any videos and files.
7. Canon Powershot G7X. A digital camera with the capabilities and quality of a DSLR camera minus the weight and size.
8. JOBY GripTight Gorilla Pod. A flexible and handy tripod for your smartphone and/or digital camera.
9. GoPro HERO4 Silver. For taking wide angle photos and videos.
10. Herschel Backpack. My carry-on bag.
I’ll also bring the following:
- RODE SmartLav (mentioned in video)
- Kensington Laptop Lock
- Portable charger for phone
Over to you…
What are some must-have things or gadgets you bring when you go on your trips? I’d love to know!